Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Princess Knight by G.A. Aiken

 









3.5 Star

Gemma Smith dedicated her life to battles.  When her sister became the prophesized queen, she broke faith with the war monks and left to support her sister.  The war monks were mad that she broke faith and decided to support Beatrix for queen.  Gemma has to get them to change their mind and get them to support Keeley.  With the help of the Amichai warriors she will do anything to keep her family safe.

This book is one you can’t read without reading the first one.  It starts off about two years after the end of the first book with no build up or back story.  Since it has been a year since I read the first book I was confused as to who some of the characters were as there are a lot of them.  Some of it clicked the more I read but it took a bit of time.  I did enjoy the banter between Gemma and Quinn.  He kept her on her toes.  The best part of the book took place in the very last chapter and I need the next book so I can see how this all plays out.  It literally was an OMG WHAT JUST HAPPENED moment. 

Book 2 Scarred Earth Saga


No comments:

Post a Comment