Monday, December 28, 2020

License to Kill by R.J. Blain

 












4 Star

Karma and Jake are back in the USA.  Karma is required to stay on medical leave until further notice, so it’s not revealed she’s a fox shifter.  Instead of her happy ending she and Jake start to fight about everything.  She’s the wrong species and Jake’s family doesn’t believe they are meant to be together.  They will do anything to split them up to prove they’re right.  When Karma has had enough, she splits to find the truth about who attacked them in London and continues to go after them.  Will Karma and Jake find away to work through their marital issues to be together?

I was pleasantly surprised by this book.  The last couple R.J. Blain has written I’ve been disappointed by for various reasons.  This was a much-anticipated sequel to Karma that I have previously reviewed, and I’ve been waiting forever for this one.  The first book ended in a cliffhanger and this one was supposed to conclude the story instead it also ends in a cliffhanger.  The only other issue I had with the story was with everything that happened to Karma because of her husband’s family she forgives him too soon.  They were complete dicks to her for months/years and after one instance she basically forgives Jake.  Otherwise, I enjoyed the flow of the story as well as the story.  I wanted to find out what was happening and what would happen.  When I finished it, I started the series over so I could make sure I was remembering the first book accurately.  Here’s hoping the next book doesn’t take years to come out so I can see how the series ends.

Book 2 Balancing the Scales

No comments:

Post a Comment