Friday, December 4, 2020

Grave Witch by Kalayna Price

 









4 Star

Alex Croft is a grave witch which allows her to speak to the dead.  Working as a PI with an occasional job with the police she’s scraping by.  When she asks her regular cop contact for a favor it draws her into a case that is more dangerous than anyone thought it would be.  Will she be able to solve it before someone she cares for dies?

I really enjoyed this story.  There was some good world building.  You get a clear image of how things are in this story.  It does have some first book woes as Alex isn’t as clearly developed as she could be but should be fleshed out in later book/s.  I really want to find out more about her backstory and how she fits into the world that she lives in.  There also isn’t a clear “romance” in this story.  She’s got the hots for Death and Falin but doesn’t really end up with either of them.  It was more hinting at what could be with each of them.  Looking forward to rest of the series.

Audiobook:

Emily Durante narrates this book.  I was pleasantly surprised with Ms. Durante as I am very picky about narrators.  She does an excellent job speaking in different tones for each character, so it is clear who is talking.  I’ve said it before I listen to books at a faster speed.  Even with this faster speed Durante still sounds good and the flow of the book isn’t affected by my faster listening.  I would definitely listen to other books by this narrator. 

 

Book 1 Alex Croft


No comments:

Post a Comment