Friday, November 13, 2020

The Answer is ... Reflections on my Life by Alex Trebek

 









3 Star

Alex Trebek talks about his life.  What shaped his life and lead him to Jeopardy.  

Don't hate me for not loving this book.  I am a very picky nonfiction reader.  It has to be engaging and on a topic I enjoy and usually young adult.  This book came highly recommended so I thought I would give it a shot since I love Alex Trebek.  It was an ok book.  Each chapter was a snap shot of an experience in his life.  It jumped around in his timeline which means I was constantly trying to figure out the answers to some of the information he put in like his parents separating.  Did they divorce or just separate.  It was several chapters later he talked about visiting his mom in the US and eventually she moved to Florida.  It was all very interesting and some people will absolutely love learning about his life from him.  I like my biographies and autobiographies to be more linear.  I was born here and then this happened ect. This was not how the book was laid out and so it didn't work well for me.  It was still an interesting story and I did finish it because I wanted to keep reading it just wasn't the best biography/autobiography I've read.

No comments:

Post a Comment