Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Manga Classics Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, Po Tse

 

4 Star

This is just a graphic novel rendition of the classic novel by Jane Austen Pride and Prejudice.  I love this book to begin with and I like reading graphic novels so I thought I would give it a shot to see if it was as good as the original book.  I actually enjoyed it a lot.  The pictures enhance story and will probably make it easier for someone to read the classic via drawing.  I didn’t notice anything big missing.  The hardest part for me was with Manga you read back to front so when I picked it up, I would start like normal and then have to remind myself it was the opposite.  The artwork was beautiful, and the artist gets so many details in the drawings it surprised me.  The biggest issue really was the layout of the story in the book.  Otherwise it was totally worth the read.


No comments:

Post a Comment