Friday, November 20, 2020

Little Lies by H. Hunting

 









3.5 Star

Kodiak and Lavender spent years as friends.  When he did the unthinkable everything stopped between them.  When they are thrusted back together will they be able to work out their differences?

I really liked this book.  It was a spinoff of Helena Hunting’s Pucked series and many of those characters made an appearance in this book through their grown-up children.  I kind of hoping this is a series to see where some of the other “kids” end up.  As for this book, Kodiak irritated me so much which he was supposed to, but I never felt he really redeemed himself.  Even in the end when he is being told which teams were looking at him, he was still freaking out and being very codependent.  Lavender gives him an ultimatum and that forces him to follow his dream and not just her.  I got really angry at one point over how Lavender was treated by her family and felt like they encouraged her anxiety so they could keep her safe and feel needed.  Encouraged might be the wrong word but it is the closest I can come up with.  You won’t need to have read the original series to understand what is going on in this book they will just provide context.  Overall, I enjoyed what I read and will check out another book if it is released.


No comments:

Post a Comment