Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Gypsy Magic by J.R. Rain and H.P. Mallory

 









1 Star DNF

Poppy Morton moves her and her son from LA to a small town in Oregon for a fresh start.  She is from a long line of Scottish gypsies.  She’s hoping to open a shop to sell her potions.  Her son would like her to find a man.  In a small town full of available bachelors he just might get his wish.

I could not finish this book.  I got about 40% through it before I gave up.  I was hoping it would get better and less confusing and it didn’t.  There was no world building.  They alluded to things without actually going into it.  I do know how it ends since I skipped to the end to see what happened and it sounds like there might be an interesting story somewhere in there.  My philosophy is to read what makes you happy and if it doesn’t then move on to the next.  With authors I like I am always willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on the book.  I usually like H.P. Mallory but this one was not my cup of tea.

Book 1 Poppy’s Portion


No comments:

Post a Comment