Thursday, November 5, 2020

Rogue by Anna Hackett

 











This book is two short stories. Each book is reviewed separately.

Information Rogue: 4 Star

Zhim has been helping the House of Galen with finding the humans who have been trafficked.  He thrives on discovering new information and selling it at a premium.  He is thrown for a loop when he meets Ryan who is just as good as he is with a computer.  They team up to try and find the rest of the missing humans.  Zhim didn’t want anything permanent but he’s not sure he can let her walk away either.

We were able to see these two interact in other books leading into this book and I really enjoyed seeing it fleshed out in this story.  I also liked seeing someone outside of the House of Galen finding his lady love. 

Desert Rogue: 3 Star

Neve doesn’t want or need any help.  She will find her sister without any help.  Corsair is the desert leader of the Corsair Caravan.  He is drawn to Neve even though she has made in known she’s not interested.  However, much Neve thinks she can do it alone she will need the help of Corsair to discover the location of her sister.

Where I liked both Zhim and Ryan I can’t say the same for Neve.  I loved Corsair but she just frustrated me to know end.  I didn’t like her character which led me to enjoy this story less since I really wanted to like who Corsair ends up with.  This was also more insta love then the other short story.  The other couple had spent a lot of time talking before getting together and this couple hadn’t.  This story did help progress the overall world story with another House and I can’t wait to read the next book.

Book 8 Galactic Gladiators

No comments:

Post a Comment