Sunday, April 19, 2020

Water Viper by R.J. Blain

Water Viper: A Jesse Alexander Novel

5 Stars

Review contains spoilers


Magic flooded the earth during Starfall.  It destroyed most technology and changed some humans into have magical powers.  Jesse was born to a male-dominated clan where at a certain age they pick their own gender.  Jesse was supposed to be a boy but made a mistake and became a girl.  She now travels the continent as an assassin.  Needing a break from being an assassin she heads to the coasts of Florida where she encounters a Starfall stone and a Siberian Tiger shifter.  All starts the beginning of the end to her old life and a whole host of woes.  When two Starfall stones are stolen it is up to Jesse to find them and protect them. 

I enjoyed this story a lot.  Considering I hate post-apocalyptic stories I was very surprised how much I enjoyed it.  I loved the interaction Jesse had with everyone else.  Her friends have her back.  I love that Nate lets her be even though they are meant to be together he lets her grow and learn.  He lets her be her own woman until he is needed.  Was well worth the read and I can’t wait to read the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment