Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Hypno by R.J. Blain

Hypnos (Seeking the Zodiacs Book 1)

5 Stars

The world was devastated by World War III.  After the nuclear holocaust people emerged with powers.  Very few people remained untouched by the radiation.  Olivia Abrams survived a direct nuclear bomb strike but it changed her into a water mage.  Since the attack she’s worked for the FBI where she now heads a FBI quads of agents.  When one of her quads goes silent she sends another in to find them.  What they discover is everyone in that area were a sleep.  Olivia is tasked with discovering what is causing people to become comatose and stop them.

I loved how Olivia tortured those around her.  In particular her hunky cop.   She works too hard and those around her love her and want to protect her even if she doesn’t want it.  It was paced nicely and I didn’t feel like there were any lags in the story.  It looks like there is supposed to be more books in the series and since I couldn’t wait to finish this book I want the next sooner rather than later.  It was that good.

Audio Book
I actually listened to this book before I read the book.  It is narrated by Nicole Blessing.  With the speed I listened to the book it was very breathy. That is the only way I can explain it.  I learned to tune it out but it was difficult in the beginning.  Once I tuned it out I enjoyed the audiobook a lot.


1 comment: