Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Burn Baby Burn by R.J. Blain

Burn, Baby, Burn: A Magical Romantic Comedy (with a body count)

4.5 Stars

Bailey and Chief Quinn are back and the Calamity Queen is up to her normal shenanigans.  Needing a break from marital bliss and their sexcapades Bailey plots with Tiffany (Perkett) Perkins to send their husbands on a treasure hunt road trip final destination Vegas.  Things go astray with a string of new rabies cases and a missing cop.  New family is found and old family is punished.

I loved this book.  It had the humor from the first book and Bailey and Quinn are awesome.  It starts a couple months after their other book ended.  They’ve been married for a couple months and still in the honeymoon stage.  The story continues nicely from the last one.  There isn’t any lag in the story.  There were some interesting conclusions to some plot points from their last book.  The half-point loss was for skipping between perspectives.  At times it frustrated me but I still loved the book.

Audio Book:
3 Stars

My review for the Nicole Blessing is the same as the last.  I am sure she is a great narrator but the accents with the high speed of listening makes it difficult to listen too.  It isn’t the same with other narrators just some of them.  I didn’t hate her and I did complete the audio book but it did diminish my enjoyment of the book.

Book 12 of Magical Romantic Comedies (with a body count) but you just need to have read book 1 to read.

1 comment: