Friday, April 24, 2020

Monstrous Matchmaker Book 1 and 2 by Kelly Apple



Operation Werewolf (Monstrous Matchmaker Book 1)  Operation Dragon (Monstrous Matchmaker Book 2)
Operation Werewolf            Operation Dragon


by Kelly Apple

1 Star

Rare review of two books in one post.  I have so many books on my TBR pile it isn’t funny.  Since I am staying home because of the crazy world I am making an effort to work on reading the books I have to save money.  This is not helped by a ton of authors putting their books up for sale or free.  With that my TBR pile went from massive to unmanageable.  That means I am trying to try all new to me authors and either reading them or getting rid of them.  I’ve already gotten several books read or gotten rid of which makes me so incredibly happy to see my list go down.  This has led to a number of very good books and some very bad books.  There were a couple of books I DNF because they weren’t to my liking. 

The two this post is for I did finish but that was only because the length of them was so very short. I really wanted to like them.  The description of both of these books is normally something I love and would devour the entire series.  However, these were not something that I wanted to read.  There isn’t anything wrong with erotica. There are several authors I love who write Romantic Erotica but these books seemed like they were each a chapter that was part of a larger book.  The stories each started with Ari having sex with her mate and follows with her talking about the people she was going to match and why.  It follows with the couple meeting and having sex. The End.  Literally that is the entire book.  There is nothing wrong with this except the book is promoted as a romance first and there is literally no romance at all.  Market your book as an erotica and own it. Don’t try and hide behind the romance label because all it does is end with negative reviews.

Operation Wolf:
Ari Colton is happily mated to a monster and wants to find love for other monsters.  Her first customer is a harpy looking for someone to love and she has the perfect match, her werewolf friend Michael.  Will they find their happily ever after?

Operation Dragon:
After matching one couple Ari Colton is determined to find and match more monsters in need of love.  A flighty cockatrice is looking for love and she thinks a wicked dragon is just what is needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment