Thursday, April 23, 2020

Tall, Dark, and Damaged by Sarah Andre

Tall, Dark and Damaged (Damaged Heroes Book 1)

3.5 Stars

Devon Ashby was disinherited and thrown out of his home at 18.  He moved to New York City to earn his way in the world leaving behind his high school sweetheart Hannah Moore.  Twelve years later he’s back in Chicago to get his trust fund for his business where he runs into Hannah Moore.  She was restoring art for his father.  When someone close to Devon’s father is murdered in the same way his mother died secrets are going to be revealed.

I enjoyed this book a lot.  It was the standard romantic suspense book.  I liked Devon a lot but didn’t like Hannah as much.  There were times she irritated me.  The rating for the book would have been a solid 4 stars except I felt there were too many loose ends at the end of the book.  They might have been tied up in the next book but the books are supposed to be stand alone and I wanted to know how these loose ends would be concluded.

This is a huge giant spoiled!
*
*
*
*
*
One of my biggest complaints was the bad guy, Frannie.  It made a lot of sense she was the bad guy and fact about halfway through the book I figured out it was her.  They never addressed why nothing was done after the first murder or why the dad didn’t think she would have been the culprit the second time.  And what happens to her son.  Does he end up back with his dad?  The other issue is what happens with the FCC and Devon.  Does he get off scot free and his cousin takes the prison time?  Is Devon able to keep his company or does he have to start over? The last one is probably explained in the next book but I am still frustrated by these loose ends.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you set apart the spoiler - I read it because it's there. But it's nice you set it apart in case someone wanted to stop reading.

    ReplyDelete