Saturday, May 7, 2016

Shadow Study – Maria V. Snyder – 3*


Shadow Study – Maria V. Snyder – 3*

I hate giving this book a 3 star review as I love this author. When I heard she was writing another story with Yelena and Valek I was extremely happy and couldn't wait. The book has two big no-nos for me.

The first no for me was it switches between characters. Chapter one was Yelena, Chapter two Valek, and chapter three Janco and this continues through the rest of the book. Now I loved each of the stories told from the different views but I always find myself skimming to get back to the cliff we were left at the end of the last chapters. This leads me to missing vital storylines.

The second no for me is not having a complete story. Books are meant to have a beginning, a middle, and an end. This book did really well with the first two but it didn't end the story. I read Snyder's Study series and though there were plot points from book one continued into two and three each book had an ending. This book has a lot of unanswered questions that we will have to wait until the new book comes out for answers.

Overall I loved the story that was told in this book I just wish there had been more conclusions of the different plots so I didn't feel like I read half of a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment