Saturday, May 7, 2016

11 Gansett After Dark – Marie Force – 2*


11 Gansett After Dark – Marie Force – 2*

I have read every book in this series. Some I've loved and some have been just ok. This one was just ok to me. I liked getting some loose ends tied up but there were more bad then good for me.

Issue number one: The general's trial. I didn't understand why his prior history was being used at trial. Prior history is only used at sentencing OR if the defendant takes the stand. Also why would he suddenly decide to plead guilty when a former friend decides to testify. It is still hearsay. I get the author wanted to wrap some previous loose ends up but if you are going to write a court/trial scene please do some basic research. When I read some of these scenes it made me stop and say that's not right and a quick search online found the information.

Issue number two: Laura's morning sickness. I don't know any doctor that would let her get away with extreme morning sickness without treatment. At one point Laura said she didn't want to take ANY drugs during her pregnancy and it just no! I know some women have a really hard time with morning sickness. There is nothing wrong with taking anti-nausea meds while pregnant. I also don't think it would be instant relief from the symptoms like it was with Laura but what do I know.

Issue number three: Too many people. The author goes over every single previous character and their are too many of them. It is hard to keep track and it causes repetitiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment