Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Friendship Pact by Jill Shalvis

 












4 Star

Tae Holmes never met her dad. Her mother April always said he died serving overseas in the military. At a work event Tae is stopped by a stranger and talks about her dad as if he is still alive. She doesn’t want to upset her mom thinking she couldn’t know that her dad was still alive. When she runs into her former friend Riggs, she asks him to help. Will she be able to handle the truth?

I enjoyed this one a lot. The person I felt the most for was Riggs. He was put in a position of a no-win situation, and he runs with it. I hated April. I am sure some people will say she was young and was trying to do what was best for Tae, but I just couldn’t get past the lies she told her daughter. I don’t know if Shalvis was planning on people feeling sympathy for April, but I never got there. I felt bad for everyone else in the story and loved the writing.

Book 2 The Sunrise Cove

Amazon



No comments:

Post a Comment