Saturday, April 23, 2016

Redheaded Stranger – Amie Stuart – 2*

I wanted to like this book. The writing was there it was the story that irritated me so much I wanted to throw my kindle.

My biggest issues with this book is that Kei married Alex knowing he was on the outs with his family. She knew this and yes she has a right to be very very angry that Alex doesn't follow through with telling his family about her after 3 years of marriage. What she doesn't have a right to do is go around him and try to fix the problem her way. She needed to let him handle his family (any therapist will tell you that). IMHO it seemed like every character in the book was beating up on Alex. He was the only one to do anything wrong and HE must apologize to everyone for his misconduct. I don't know if this is true the author stated there was major conflict at Thanksgiving but never wrote the scene. Maybe what he said to his family justified the anger I don't know the information wasn't there for me to judge. We just have to take it on her word that what he did was so bad he had to atone.

I also didn't like the fact that Kei uses their 9-month old son as leverage to get Alex to do what she wanted. I want you here so I'm taking your son here and you will do what I want or you can go home by yourself.

Above and beyond the problem with the plot the author never really states whether Alex takes the sheriff's position in his hometown. Kei accepts the position but then says he should do it and it is never resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment