Saturday, April 23, 2016

Hell’s Chapel – Lauren Creed – 3*


I wanted to love this book. It started off really well but by the end it fell flat. You have this all powerful woman who is the niece of Satan and has 5 fathers. Each father is the leader of their species and she gets a little from each of them. Because of this she had just as much good as she does bad plus a ton of power.

What worked for me: it wasn't just Caith having adult relations. Some of Kyle's books that is all they are (nothing wrong with that) but this had a plot to go with the relations. I also liked the fact that Caith kick major behind and she didn't apologise. She's also a bit odd and funny.

What didn't work: the ending at all. I believe another reviewer said it depressed them and I agree whole heartedly. She defeats the bad guy but loses everything. Not cool. I read books to find an escape and I want a glimmer of happy life and you don't get this with this book. I also felt the plot needed some fleshing out. She has instalove with Sam but he isn't quite ready to fall so they date. By date I mean they go on one epic bad date where his ex shows up and causes drama. She comes back later and drama again. It felt like she was meant to be the red hering bad guy but there also seemed to be a point to her and it's never addressed.

Over all I loved the humor and the kick butt females. I will still buy and read the next one BUT it will probably sit on my tbr stack until I get around to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment