Saturday, April 23, 2016

Pillars of the World (Tir Alainn Trilogy) – Anne Bishop – 4*


A bit of a backstory. I am a huge fan of Anne Bishop's Others series. It was the first series I read by her and looked forward to reading her other books. I started with her Black Jewels series and read the trilogy. After reading those I needed a break. When I started this series I was dreading this book would be like the Black Jewels. It was and it wasn't.

I started this book and put it down so many times. I finally said I was just going to push through it and be done. About half way through the book is when it was no longer a chore and it became a book I didn't want to put down.

Anne Bishop does an amazing job with the world building and the character building. I think this is why the first half of the book was so hard for me because she was setting the world and characters. Once that was all set it was diving into the story and the story was amazing.

One of the things that irritated me was the switching between characters because this is more of epic story with no real main character it was difficult to keep track of everyone and where we were in the plot. Once you get who everyone is it makes more sense.

Overall, I loved the book enough to go and buy the second book.

No comments:

Post a Comment