Saturday, April 23, 2016

Gabe – Anna Hackett – 3.5*


This is the 3rd installment in the series. I enjoyed this book but not as much as the second book. I felt there were more issues with this story line then the other two books. I would give it a 3/3.5

The reason for the 3/3.5 was I really didn't like the Emerson or some of the things Gabe was doing.

Gabe was trying to work through his grief of losing his twin brother but breaking into Emerson's room for adult relations just doesn't sit well with me. It was completely consensual but it was the fact that it was more of a wham bam thank you mam. He wouldn't really acknowledge there relationship outside the bedroom. He also kept putting his entire team and risk. Not so much a criticism on Gabe's part but more so with the Marcus. Why wouldn't they have put him on desk duty or something when he continued to disobey orders.

Emerson just irritated me. She was a workaholic which was fine with what they were going through. My issue was in the second book she was held for an hour with the enemy where she was beaten. In this book she continues to have flashbacks to what happened but it is never explained what she went through. She also puts up with a lot of Gabe's hot and cold behavior without even blinking. It is what it is. When she finally stands up for her self after he dumped her, he says oh wait I'm not done with you and she caves and takes him back. She even caves with her patients. There was one person who was rescued in the last book who refused to be examined and she was ok if you don't want to make sure you're OK it's fine. I don't know many people who could just opt out of a follow-up visit to make sure they are ok.

One of the big plot twists in this book I figured out in the last book so it wasn't a great surprise when it came up in this book. This didn't make me give up the series but it was close.

Marcus 3.5
Cruz 4
Gabe 3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment