Friday, September 8, 2023

Made for me by Natasha Madison



3 Stars

Julia works as a social worker, and she is too invested in her charges. When one of them dies in a horrific accident leaving her daughter without a mother, she steps in to take care of the little girl. What she doesn’t expect is to be suspended pending charges from the maternal grandparents. To help her Chase steps up and wants to help her in all ways. He’s tired of being just the friend and he will use all his connection to help her get out of trouble.

I had issues with this one. The Julia was a social worker and one of her charges dies in a car accident. The girl’s family sues her for emotional trauma which just meant they wanted money. Ok I can understand that cause there are people who would do this. What I don’t understand is why the DA then filed charges. Nothing written showed her being negligent in her job but for some reason the DA charged her. Charges not explained so I can’t say if they were justifiable but what angers me is the girl had a toddler. They found her bio dad who just happens to be a family friend. Once he got custody the grandparents’ case was canceled which leads to the DA dropping all charges. This is not how our criminal justice system works. Just because there is no civil case doesn’t mean no criminal case. The romance was fine, it was everything else that irritated me. It’s probably closer to 2.5 stars than 3 stars but I will stick with the 3. I may pick up another book by this author later when I’ve had a break from how angry I am over this book.

Book 1 Made For

Amazon 


No comments:

Post a Comment