Thursday, June 15, 2023

Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarrows

 


4.5 Stars

Violet Sorrengail had spent her entire life planning on becoming a scribe like her father. After the death of her father and brother her mother forces her to join the other candidates to become a dragon rider. She’s smaller than all the other candidates and has been dealing with a lifelong disability. Everyone thinks she won’t last long as she is too fragile. Even if she lasts long enough, they don’t think a dragon will bond with her as there are always more people than dragons. If the tasks and dragons don’t kill her then the other candidates will just, to get revenge against her mother. Xaden is the most powerful wing leader and has sworn to take her out. That is until the dragons make their decision. Will she survive?

This book had so much hype behind it I didn’t think it would stand up. I had never read a book by Rebecca Yarrows and wasn’t willing to buy the hard cover book at that price, so I waited for the library. I ended up being one of the first to get the book. I blew through the dang thing so fast and wanted the spray painted one, so I went out and bought it. It’s somewhere between 4 and 5. It’s borderline I want to reread it already. I loved that Violet is disabled and shows what it looks like when someone has been dealing with long term issues. It’s a different way to view disability but for those who have been living with issues for a long time will relate to this so much. I loved that the Violet grows so much in this book. She is willing to grow and change to stay alive but not everything about her changes. The big one is her character stays the same. There are several twists and turns in the book that kept me reading. The one character that dies was just heartbreaking and made me so mad. There are a lot of deaths in the book but there is just one that was just so nooooo! The ending of the book was a WTF moment and was sort of a cliffhanger ending but not a true cliffhanger. It wraps up the main plots in this book but ends with some new questions. I can’t wait for the next book to come out in November.

Book 1 The Empyrean

Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment