Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Scrapbooking the Supernatural by Keira Blackwood

 











3 Star

Jen helped her friend Remi learn all about her fire magic now she needs to learn about her dream magic to keep them safe from the big bad.  She will do anything to protect her friends and her son.  When her son is threatened, she will need to look for allies in strange places and just maybe find love again.

Where I loved the first book, I only like the second one.  Jen just kind of irritated me in this book.  Not to mention Molly kept pivotal information from them.  These women are supposed to be working together.  Jen and Remi are working together but Molly is off doing her own thing since she knows what needs to happen.  It got very frustrating.  In addition to this issue because Jen is a dream witch everything was just a bit outlandish for me and I had trouble enjoying the story because of the crazy going on.  It was a bad crazy and not a good crazy.  Overall, the book just disappointed me.

I am adding this here since I don’t know if/when I will review the third book Wrinkles and Runes is out.  I did start it as soon as I finished book two, but I could not get into it at all.  Book two had a repeat of the same problems as this one where Molly continued keeping secrets.  I just couldn’t read it.  I will attempt to read it later, but prospects are not promising.

Book 2 Midlife Magic in Marshmallow

Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment