Monday, February 15, 2021

Radoo by Celia Kyle and Anne Hale

 








1 Star

Livvy has no love for the Dragons of Preor.  She wants them off Earth and doesn't believe they are there for some benign reason.  When her group plants bombs to take out those who support the Preor and the Preor themselves Livvy tries to stop them.  In the process she finds out she is mated to Radoo.  Livvy isn't sure she wants Radoo but the mating sickness will kill her if she stays away from him.  Radoo has waited centuries for his fated mate.  He's not sure what to do with a mate who seems to hate everything about him.  Will he bring her around?

I've read this series from the beginning.  When they started they weren't the most literary book in the world but they were cute and I liked the characters and the premise of the story.  Several books back the series took a turn.  It didn't feel like a good turn but I was willing to give it a chance.  I at least still sort of liked the characters.  The last one I bought was book 11.  I HATED that book and the characters.  Book 12 wasn't any better so when this one came out I was going to give it one more shot to be better.  This one was the worst of the last three.  Livvy was a horrible woman who didn't deserve any good things coming her way.  She let her fear and hate take over everything.  What pissed me off the most with this book was even though she was part of the group who actively tried to set bombs off all was forgiven.  Not only forgiven but she is put in charge of the military that she abandoned.  There wasn't a single redeeming characteristic about her.  Radoo deserved so much better for his partner.  I don't understand why Ms. Kyle and Hale feel woman who either aren't mentally able to consent or want to even be with these aliens make good heroines.  They don't and I walk away from reading a book mad.  I think I am officially done with the series unless I see a different cowriter or it go back to just Celia Kyle.

Book 13 Dragons of Preor

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment