Thursday, February 25, 2021

Faithless in Death by J.D. Robb

 











4 Star

Dallas is called to an apartment in the West Village where she finds an apartment set up for seduction and a murdered artist.  Her investigation takes her to society darling, Gwen.  Gwen claims she had been there for a sitting with the artist she was commissioning for fiancĂ©.  Her story isn't adding up and the more Dallas digs into her story and her past the more questions they have.  When her investigation leads to a extremists church, Dallas will have to work with the FBI and international police to uncover all the secrets.

This was a very slow start for me.  It did pick up and I couldn't put it down once I got about a quarter into it.  My biggest gripe was the ending felt unfinished.  All of the people are arrested and being charged as normal but there were people introduced and you don't find out what happened to them.  There was one woman Dallas interviewed a missing person report for her brother.  He just up and disappeared on her and I still don't know what happened to him.  Maybe it will be addressed in another book because Nadine writes a story about this case but it was just something niggling at the back of my head.  This case also reminded me of the Icove case.  It wasn't about clones but about a religious group that kidnapped women.  They married them off and subjugated them.  Overall my issues with the book were minor and I did enjoy the plot and how we got from an artist's murder to taking down a major church.

Book 52 In Death

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment