Monday, July 25, 2016

01 Pleasure Unbound – Larissa Ione – 4*

I started this series with one of the short stories and fell in love with this author's writing.  Some of her books are amazing and some I can live without.  This was one I liked a lot and was glad I tried it.
 
Tayla Mancuso is a demon-slayer who ends up in a hospital run by demons.  Head doctor Eidolon can’t resist Tayla.  They burn for each other but Eidolon needs a mate before he transforms into a beast.  However, he fears she is the one who is killing other demons.  She was taught things are black and white.  Demons are evil and need to be killed. 

I liked the chemistry between Tayla and Eidolon as well as the plot.  This is the first book in a new series and it kept me enthralled and made me want to pick up the other books.  It was interesting to watch Tayla struggle to come to grips with the world being grey verses black and white.  She has to find the middle ground and realize that like humans not all demons are evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment