Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Hard Luck By Brenda Rathert and Kat Mizera

 











4 stars

Lucy is going to get her brother on his feet and get away from her ex. Her brother is supposed to pick her up from the bus station but instead sends his teammate Konstantin to pick her up. He doesn't want to use his day off to pick some woman up but is willing to help out his teammate. When he sees her he's drawn in. He knows she's dealing with somethings but wants to get to know her better. She is also going to need help with her brother, Sawyer. Sawyer is in deep depression since the loss of his wife and Lucy needs to get him out of his house and back to work. The more time Kon and Lucy spend together the more they are drawn together. When trouble comes will they be able to weather the storm?

I loved Lucy and Kon's story. They started as friends and it slowly progressed to more. I loved seeing the progression. Watching Sawyer deal with the loss of his wife and how Lucy was trying to help was heartbreaking. I thought the issues Lucy was going through with her ex was dragged out a bit too long for me but I did like how it worked out. I've read other books by Brenda Rothert and have loved other books by her. This series I haven't gotten to yet and started with book 4 which is not normally what I do but you can definitely read without the other ones (though I am going to now go back and read them all). It was a really good read and I can't wait to read the other books.

Book 4 St. Louis Mavericks 

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment