Sunday, November 20, 2022

Found by Jayne Rylan

 








2 Star

The Shields security team works in a gray area. They go in when the police can't. The team has been trying to take down a sex trafficking ring and find Laurel, the boss’ sister. With the latest raid they are finally able to track her down.  How she will be is anyone’s guess. Nolan brings her and her friend Jace in to be protected. Will he keep them safe and keep his hands to himself?

Sex trafficking warning!

 

I wanted to like this book. I've read other books by her and I like her style. My issue is Nolan hooks up with Laurel and Jace almost immediately after they are rescued. They had been trafficked and used. Even though they’ve been out of it they still have the trauma and it was never addressed. I find it hard to believe someone who had been through what they have would jump into a relationship. The other issue is it says book one but it's apart of another series and you need to read that one first to understand what is going on. I’ll skip this one in the future.


Book 1 Powertools: The Shields

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment