Monday, June 7, 2021

Shielding Devyn by Susan Stoker

 











3.5 stars

Devyn lifther job and her family to move closer to her brother and getaway from her other brother. She's not sure if she will be staying or moving on somewhere else. Her brother's friend and teammate Lucky hopes she stays. He's willing to take it as slow as she needs but isn't willing to walk away. Will he be able to keep her safe ?

I struggle with reviewing this book. I liked Lucky and Devyn but I wasn't in love with the story. Devyn ends up kidnapped because of her brother. The brother knows she's been taken but doesn't Call anyone or does anything. She ends up held longer because of this and it frustrated me. On top of this the guys all come together to get the 50,000 the brother needed to pay off his debt. This is great but the legality of handling it themselves verses working with the police just rubbed me the wrong way. Then Devyn lets her precious brother get all sorts of attention leaving her to deal with the fallout of her kidnapping. For me this all made the book meh for me.

Book 6 Delta Team Two

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment