Friday, April 1, 2022

Kinsmen Universe by Ilona Andrews








4 Star

Silent Blade:

Meli is the blade for her family. She’s taken many jobs on to protect her family, but she is tired and wants to be done. She plans on staying retired until her family asks her to take on the one man who ruined her life. Celino was once her fiancĂ© and when he called off the engagement it left her hanging with no other option then to separate from her family. Will she get her revenge?

I loved these two. Meli just wanted her happy retirement until her family asks her to take on the one man who ruined her life. The fireworks between Meli and Celino was amazing. I loved that Meli got her revenge and her man.

Silver Shark:

Claire has spent years fighting a war on her home planet with no escape until the war is settled. Her side has lost and after escaping off world she must hide her talent. She finds a job and keeping her head down until someone from her past needs her help and she is discovered. Will she be safe and happy?

This one made me want more backstory but was good. I loved seeing Claire and Venturo work together to take down his enemies. I didn’t feel as connected to them as a couple, but I still enjoyed the story.

A Mere Formality:
Deirdre is apart of a political envoy when she ends up being used as a pawn to further one group. Will she find her happy ending?

This one disappointed me. It was too short and felt incomplete. Deirdre ends up forced into marrying Lord Nagrad and it didn’t quite work for me. Overall enjoyed the whole book but this short story fell short for me.

Book 1-2.5 Kinsmen

Amazon

 

No comments:

Post a Comment