Friday, May 7, 2021

Girl's Guide to Witchcraft by Mindy Klasky

 











3 Star

Jane Madison is having a bad week.  Her pretend boyfriend doesn't know who she is, she found out her mother wasn't dead, and her job decided to cut her pay.  The only nice thing was she gets to move into the carriage house adjacent to the library.  When she reads from a book her life gets very interesting and magical.  She now needs to decide if she wants to take on this new path or give up all of the books and her magic.  That's not the only decision she will need to make.  Her pretend boyfriend finally saw her but there's the new guy who she's kind of interested in.  Who will she pick? 

As I was reading this I kept thinking I had read this book before but it looked new...yeah this was a rerelease of a book I read when it came out.  This book was interesting.  I enjoyed the fact it started in a library and reading a book got her in trouble.  She had a lot to deal with all at once and at times irritated me.  I didn't like most of the secondary characters other than her best friend.  Overall, it was interesting book and I will be checking out the next book.

Book 1 Washington Witches

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment