Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Broken Laces by Elise Faber



4 Stars

This team of misfits and bad boys is going to puck you in the best possible way.

I’m the captain…

And I’m in love with the owner’s daughter. I played my entire career with the San Francisco Gold. But now I’ve been traded to our rivals, and I’m playing for Jean-Michel Dubois, owner of the Oakland Eagles, my new boss, and father to the woman I’m in love with. And he’s made it clear that anyone who so much as looks at Chrissy will find themselves out of the league. The problem is that I end up moving in right next door to her. And the more time I spend with Chrissy, the harder it is to keep my distance. Only…I can’t have her. Because if I do, I’ll lose everything.

I loved Crissy and Rome in this book. It was sad to see Rome leave the Gold but I can’t wait to see how the new team comes together and reality is most players do get traded. I also loved all the pets and need them in my life. The personal stuff going on with Crissy was interesting and I liked seeing the struggle she had to work through to end up with Rome. Rome also had his own issues since the Gold was his found family and he’s now with people who don’t want him there. It definitely came together to be a really good read and made me want the next book in this series and the next Gold book.

Book 1 Eagles Hockey

Amazon 

No comments:

Post a Comment