Monday, August 7, 2023

Sanctuary Books by SM Oliver



2 Stars

Avery is on her way to the Olympics when everything changes. The world is dealing with something that is changing everyone. She and her loved ones need to get to their sanctuary and hunker down. They will have to deal with strife and change with little to help. Will they be able to make it in this post world?


I am combining all three of these books into one review as there is no good way to write the review for each book since it is like one big, long book just with breaks. In addition to this notice, I also want to say I am not a huge fan of post-apocalyptic books. My issues with the book weren’t because of this trope but because there were other issues with the book. The big one being spelling errors and the misuse of words. In one instant ran was used when run should have been. When I catch errors like this there are problems because I don’t usually catch them. Each book ends on a cliffhanger and only 3 are out but the story isn’t completed. Nothing really happened past book 1. The same things happen in book 2 and 3 that happened in 1. More families show up and more kids are rescued but that is about it. Nothing is resolved and there isn’t any real progress in the story. I also want to know how they never seem to run out of gas even though months and months have gone by. Anyways I would pass on the books.

Seeking Asylum

Refuge Found

Beyond Haven 

Book 1-3 Beyond Haven

No comments:

Post a Comment