Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Broken by the Horde King by Zoey Draven

 











2.5 Stars

Nine years ago, the prince of my clan broke my heart.  Now he’s back and he wants my help.  Kiran of Rath Okkili is in need of a healer and Maeve fits the bill.  She was determined to never love him again, but will he be able to win her over.

Where I liked all of the other books in this series there were certain aspects of this book that I couldn’t get passed.  One of them being he knew how she felt about him for 9 years and knew they were supposed to be together, but he continued to sleep with other woman for 8 of the 9 years.  We are supposed to give him a pass for making out with HER SISTER because it was a youthful act and not serious. He never really did anything to redeem himself in my eyes to justify her forgiving him and being with him.  The other issue was Maeve was a doormat throughout the book and it got old fast.  She never really grew as a character.  I did love getting more background information as well as more on the planet.  The style and writing fit within the series.  I just found myself skimming this book way more then I should have.

Book 4 Horde Kings of Dakkar

Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment