Friday, April 26, 2019

Spring Magic by TM Cromer – 3.5*

*This post contains spoilers*
Spring Thorne is determined to find the next artifact to save her mother. She is also determined to get her man Knox Carlyle. She has wanted Knox forever and is set on having him.

Knox, with his dark past, doesn’t feel he deserves to have Spring. He does everything in his power to stay away from her at all costs until it is her turn to go on a quest for the next artifact.

With the way Winter Magic ended I wanted to read this book so badly. The epilogue alluded to Spring being damaged in some way. Because of this I had a hard time getting into the book. Once the bad thing happened I settled into the story. I ended up having several issues with the plot from the very bad thing alluded to in Winter’s book. The best part of this story was the progress the book is making in the overarching quest. It is still a well written story and the pacing is spot on.

Spring was immature from the beginning. I get she wanted what she wanted and she wanted Knox but there were better ways to get what she wanted. She was not cautious in any way shape or form. Because she was not cautious she ends up being kidnapped by the bad guys. Not blaming her in any way for what happened to her. She didn’t ask for it and sure as hell didn’t deserve it. This leads into the other big issue I have with this story. Spring was raped repeatedly for weeks. Horrible things were done to her before she is sort of saved. It is never really addressed in the book. The Goddess wipes her memory of all things including her family and the story just moves on from there. She is literally having sex with Knox a couple chapters after being raped. I think it was a month or so later but I still had a really hard time with the timeline. She eventually is shown her previous life and sees everything that led to her memory wipe but even then it’s kind of shrug and move on situation.

I really wanted to like this book just as much as I liked the rest of the series but with the issues I had with the plot I couldn’t. It frustrated me and not in a good way. Still worth the read and I will still pick up the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment